Those responsible for identifying and applying for funding opportunities, in particular organisations & groups whose regular sources of income have been disrupted by Covid19.
Delivered over 2 sessions:, 1 week apart.
Session 1: 29/09/2020, 14:30 – 16:00
Session 2: 06/10/2020, 11:00 – 12:30
Course material will include new ways of fundraising during Covid-19, digital fundraising, building support from your community and adjusting your organization to support its survival throughout the pandemic and how to make effective applications for funds, up-to-date information on grant and loan sources for the development of social, community, health, enterprise, educational, arts and other objectives.
Course participants will receive presentations, take part in live Q&As and be able to access a specially designed manual: “Resourcing Not-for-profits in Pandemic 2020”. The manual will enable people to take step by step actions to improve their organisation’s finances.
Online via Zoom.
Liam Scollan’s background includes CEO of an international airport and of a government development agency. He is also rooted in the voluntary sector with a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges faced by communities. During the Covid crisis he designed a unique approach to helping organisations return to operation His approach is informed by his knowledge of the protocols and his practical management experience.
He holds postgraduate qualifications in community education and is an ACC certified coach with the International Coach Federation. He is a passionate advocate of sustainable living, wellbeing and rural development and enjoys playing traditional music. He is an associate of Carmichael, a long-established and trusted support organisation for the not-for-profit sector. Learn more about Liam on www.liamscollan.ie.
Those attending the course will learn to:
- Map out their own plan for improving the flow of funds into their organisation;
- Become up-to-date with a wide variety of available grants and funds;
- Identify new ways of raising money and saving resources within the restrictions of Covid-19;
- Choose the online and digital applications best suited to assist in raising funds and resources;
- Be more ready to answer c. 20 key questions commonly asked when applying for funds;
- Learn how to create strong team support and public backing for their fund raising actions;
- Gain more confidence in the work of attracting funds.