As you know, our plenary meetings are the main opportunity our network has to meet and mingle with fellow members, be updated on the work of the network and to discuss priorities and next steps.
This month, we are delighted to be holding our meeting at Mayfield Arts Centre on September 26th.
Here are a few of the topics we will be discussing:
- Aodh Quinlivan, from UCC’s Centre for Local and Regional Government will come to speak about local government, and how we, as a public participation network, can aim to influence policy and decision making. I’ve asked Aodh to run through some ‘mythbusters’, so we can focus our energy on effective actions in City Hall. If you’ve ver wondered what really goes on at City Hall, now’s a chance to find out more!
- Siobhán O’Sullivan, from Shared Insight, has been carrying out analysis of our survey results (thanks to all who filled it in earlier this year!) and she will be updating us on key trends to have emerged from the data. It would be really useful for us to talk about where we go next with this information and how we might represent it in an engaging an interesting way.
- Coordinator update-more about what Martha has been up to for the summer.
- Representative update: Network reps to Council Committees will fill us in on what’s been happening.
- Admin! Our representatives do a great job, and as part of that, they agree to sign a charter. This charter, as well as a PPN expenses policy must be ratified by the plenary before it can be implemented.
We hope we can welcome as many members as possible.
Remember, if the main PPN contact can’t make it, feel free to send along one or two people from the organisation who might find the meeting useful or interesting. Just RSVP to email@example.com by September 22nd!