To qualify for membership of Cork City PPN, your group / organisation must
- Are in existence in Cork City for at least six months.
- Meet regularly
- Have at least three (3) members and are open to new members
- Be non-party political and non-sectarian
- Operate on a not-for-profit basis
Are volunteer-led (organisations may have paid staff, but must be under voluntary control).
- Have an appropriate governance structure e.g. set of rules / constitution / financial procedures.
Notes on Registrations
- Groups/organisations wish to registeri under the Environment Pillar must be be verified by the Environmental Pillar at a national level. This requires us to contact them to ensure you meet the criteria that has been set down.
For details visit www.environmentalpillar.ie/ppn/
- In general Tidy Town Committees are not regarded as eligible to join the Environment Sector and should join the Community & Voluntary Sector instead
- Groups formed around specific local issues are not eligible for PPN membership, for example, groups formed around opposition to a particular local planning application
- In the event of a dispute regarding eligibility, the PPN Secretariat will determine eligibility for membership